Thursday, February 14, 2008

Negative Campaigning

It looks like I’ll be eating my words. In an earlier post I said that I thought Hillary would win the primary because she is bound to get most of the super delegates. As Obama’s lead grows that may not be a foregone conclusion.

I’m sure you’ve heard Obama’s “Yes We Can” speech. If not, click here.

If you’d like to fully understand why Sen. Clinton will lose, check out her video response to the Yes We Can video:



I feel like I’m watching an “Up with People” rally. This video says, Hillary is the whiter candidate and ready to audition for the Sonny and Cher show. I can’t imagine this video really came from her camp. If not, this is the best piece of negative campaigning ever created. If it is from the Hillary campaign, it must of been created by a Republican.

There's more soul in the Banana Splits.



I watched this show religiously when I was a kid along with H.R. Pufnstuf. Why did I watch this? I’m not sure. I clearly remember dreaming of driving around in the Banana Buggy with Drooper the lion, Snorky the Elephant, Fleegle the Beagle, and Bingo, the whatever he was. Little did I know that the Banana Splits was part of the government’s new pro-epilepsy policy.

If the Clinton video is what happens to white musicians that never take any drugs, then the Banana Splits is what happens to drug users that turn Republican.

This one hurts also. . .

4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

First I want to thank you for your sympathy and support, its been rough. But m eart smiles. I agree with your louction and would also like to ad that Se, Clinton, has what i call belt-way itus, with a mild case of K-street bifida. I mean, she as others dont see the america we live in, where republicans, democrats and libertarias (as i am) white, black, youg old, tall and short get alon daily, liste and talk daily and have the same experiences daily. we know we are one people and accept differences as we do likeness. Truth be told hate the dalas cowboys, but i can still resect, apreciate and love dalas cowboy fans, cause the respect my likes - if it makes any sense

Tommy Korioth said...

All-mi-t

Thanks,

Hope you don't mind, I'll be using the term "K-street bifida" from now on. Keep on writing.

T. Korioth

KayInMaine said...

Love this rant too:

Obama = Change

Hillary = More of the Same


Exactly!

Tommy, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and linking me. Returning your kindness to you too. :-)

Mauigirl said...

I'm surprised she didn't have Bill playing sax in the band!