Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Special Prosecutors to Investigate the Bush Administration?

Republican Congressman Jack Kingston was on Real Time with Bill Maher and left us full of warm fuzzy dumbness. Responding to Obama-mania, Jack brought up Barak’s obvious lack of patriotism by not wear flag lapel pin and then berated him for not placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem. I couldn’t help but wonder if Kingston was mentally retarded. What kind of person questions a U.S. Senator’s patriotism? Judging from the deep introspective nature of Jack Kingston comments, his patriotism comes from an IQ of 80.

If Republican’s get to impugn a candidates’ patriotism, I think the liberal left should be allowed to question the sanity of Republicans. Is McCain stable enough to run this country? I don’t know, but I saw his hand do that old-man shake the other day. He may be unstable. Most Republican’s are.

How do these dim bulbs like Kingston get elected?

I was happy to see that Crooks and Liars comment on this nonsense.

Congressman Jack Kingston, you win the prize. Help support special Olympics. Anyone can be a Congressman.

On another note. . .

What cost 200 million dollars and will be seen as a monument to war? Dubya’s Presidential library has been given a green light at SMU - in Dallas. As a tribute I imagine that the constitution will be printed on the toilet paper for every restroom.

200 Million dollars. Could a 500% tax on all future Presidential libraries be considered? Why can’t we have a President willing to set aside his ego and spend the money on his constituents instead? Wouldn’t a sane person be willing to send 20,000 kids to college instead? That would create a real legacy.

On another note:

I remember hearing this during the debates, but it didn’t really sink in until later.

Obama:
“You know, I’ve heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon — supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon,” he said. “Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq. And as a consequence, they didn’t have enough ammunition, they didn’t have enough humvees. They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander in chief.”
Could this be true? Yes. Yes it is. Check out the Associated Press’ fact check to the story.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4346903

How can the Republicans in Congress support this kind of thing? Dubya obviously doesn’t care. But the real question is why news like this only gets to the public through a Presidential candidate? Why am I not reading about this on the front page of the New York Times every day? Why can’t television news cover stuff like this? I am reminded of William Randolph Hurst who said, “you provide the pictures, and I’ll provide the war.” And he did. Now, the media’s interest is to keep the war going.

Special Prosecutor

I finally broke down and called the Obama and Clinton campaign headquarters to get an answer to my question: “Is the candidate willing to appoint a special prosecutor to go after any of the myriad of Bush administration’s crimes?” I wasn’t interested in the answer. I knew how they would answer. It was the way they responded to me that answered my real question about the character of the candidate.

I called the Hillary campaign headquarters here in Austin first. I needed to know the number for the her national campaign headquarters. The volunteer that answered the phone wanted to know why I needed the number. I told her. With a defiant attitude she told me that if it wasn’t on Clinton’s web site, then she didn’t have a comment. Again, I asked for the national campaign phone number. She wouldn’t give it. I hung up when I found the number on-line. As it turns out, the national office mimicked what the volunteer in Austin said. If it ain’t on the web site, she won’t comment. Sweet.

Obama’s camp was a different scene entirely. My question to the Austin office immediately elicited a phone number for press inquiries in the national office in Chicago where I was told, politely, Obama’s party-line to re-vamp the Justice Department. The guy I was talking to knew what I was asking was not on Obama’s web site and he genuinely tried to help me. At the end of our conversation he took may name, e-mail, and phone number and promised to get back to me with a more detailed answer. I’ll write about his response, if he responds, with my next post.

Until then: DON’T FORGET TO VOTE!

No comments: